Al Mezan has declared its mission to be: 'to promote respect and protection for all human rights; particularly ESCR, in the Gaza Strip as part of OPT throughout research, legal intervention, advocacy and awareness with a sound combination of professionalism and community participation. Our guiding principles include equal human worth, equal respect of all human rights, individual and collective, as enshrined in international law and jurisprudence'.
Al Mezan has declared its vision as:
We envision a Palestinian free, sovereign society where all women, men and children enjoy the benefits of social justice, human rights, the merit of the rule of law and good governance fully and equally.
The Center’s goals can be stated as follows:
· To promote and protect human rights in the OPT and especially in the Gaza Strip with a focus on ESCR.
· To work towards the realization of Palestinians’ individual and collective human rights, including the right to self-determination through the channels of international law.
· To enhance democracy and citizen participation in the OPT and press towards good governance that respects human rights.
• Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network (EMHRN)
• Economic, Social and Cultural Rights Network (ESCR Network)
• Habitat International Coalition - Housing and Land Rights Network
• Coalition for Accountability and Integrity
• Middle East and North Africa Network to Stop the Use of Children as soldiers
• MENA Network to Stop the Proliferation and Misuse of Small Arms & Light Weapons
• The World Organisation Against Torture (OMCT)
• The Working Group on SC Res. 1612 in the Occupied Palestinian Territory
• United Against Torture Coalition (UAT)
• The Protection Sector Working Group (Chaired by OHCHR)
• The Council of Palestinian Human Rights NGOs.
* Al Mezan holds the consultative status with ECOSOC.
Al Mezan Donor Partners in 2010
Core Programme Donors:
Diakonia: Promotion of IHL in Gaza by Education/Information
Trocaire: Supporting Documentation of Human Rights Violations in Gaza
The European Commission: 'Combating and Preventing Torture and Ill-Treatment of Palestinian Prisoners held in Israel Prisons and Palestinian Civilians in the OPT
UNICEF: Child Rights Awareness for Religious Leaders in Gaza.
Save the Children – UK: Strengthening 1612 Mechanism in Gaza